GlobalNews
Trending

UN TREATY ON PROHIBITION OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS

The prohibition of nuclear weapons is an important step towards the realization of the goal of a nuclear-weapon-free world which strongly demonstrates the multilateral support for nuclear disarmament.
Secretary-General of the United Nations Antonio Guterres said this in a video statement during the ratification of the treaty by 51 nations.

The United Nations treaty on the prohibition of nuclear weapons prohibits its signatories from producing, stockpiling, selling and using nuclear weapons.
Investigations show that the 90% of the world’s estimated 13,400 nuclear warheads are reportedly owned by the US and Russia, with the remaining 10% shared among China, France, Britain, Pakistan, India, North Korea and presumably Israel .

Antonio Gutteres said the treaty is a strong demonstration of support for multilateral approaches to nuclear disarmament.

Guterres said the entry into force of the treaty is a tribute to the survivors of nuclear tests and explosions.

Nigeria joined other countries of the world to support the treaty when it was first signed in 2017

UN ON PROHIBITION OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Check Also
Close
Back to top button