Information and Culture Minister, Lai Mohammed, has announced a 13-member Task Force to oversee and deliver the Audience Measurement Service on Nigeria Media Platforms.
In a statement signed by Segun Adeyemi Special Assistant to the president on media in the office the Minister said the approval followed the recommendation of the Task Force’s membership by the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON).
He directed the NBC and APCON to collaborate to set a framework for the operations and activities of the Task Force, in order to ensure that the Audience Measurement Service comes into effect in the first quarter of 2022.
APCON and the NBC had earlier announced the appointment of First Media and Entertainment Integrated (Nigeria} Limited (FMEIL) for the development and delivery of audience measurement service on Nigeria Media Platforms in order to deepen advertising spend, improve the advertising and broadcasting ecosystem and increase investment in advertising and broadcast media content.
The members of the Task Force are:
- Mr. Tolu Ogunkoya – Chairman
- Mr. Femi Adelusi – President MIPAN
- Mr. Steve Babaeko – President AAAN
- Mrs. Bunmi Adeniba – President ADVAN
- Mrs. Jibe Ologeh – President EMCOAN
- Mr. Yinka Oduniyi – President ITPAN
- Mr. Guy Murray Bruce – President IBAN
- Kadaria Ahmed – Member
- Mrs. Pauline Ehusani – Director, NBC
- Mrs. Ijedi Iyoha – Director, APCON
- Alhaji Garba Bello Kankarofi – Member
- Hajia Sa’a Ibrahim – Member
- Mr. Joe Mutah – Secretary